- Gluten free
- Dairy free
1 potato around 170g, peeled and cut into quarters 1 carrot, peeled and cut into 4 pieces 2 Eureka mini beef kofta’s (coming soon!) – about 150g, chopped into bite size pieces 1/2 tbs of olive oil 1/4 of an onion, diced 1/2 tsp of minced garlic (equivalent to 1/2 a clove) 1/4 tsp of paprika 100g of tinned, diced tomatoes (about 1/4 of a can) 100 ml of chicken stock 1 bay leaf Worcester sauce 400g Butter beans
Creating this Treasure
- Heat a tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the koftas gently for 10 minutes, turning every now and then until nicely browned all over. Transfer to a large saucepan or a flame-proof casserole dish and set aside.
- Place the onions in the frying pan and fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes until they start to soften, stirring often. You should have enough fat in the pan, but if not, add a little more oil.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2–3 minutes more until the onions turn pale golden-brown, stirring frequently. Sprinkle over the smoked paprika and cook together for a few seconds longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chicken stock, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and bay leaf. Tip carefully into the pan with the koftas and return to a simmer, then reduce the heat, cover the pan loosely with a lid and leave to simmer very gently for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- If you plan to have rice with your casserole, boil the water now and add a cup of rice for two portions.
- Drain the beans and rinse them in a sieve under cold running water. Stir the beans into the casserole, and continue to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.